Full disclosure: this is a “cheat” blog post.
Translation: I’ve had a stomach bug already this week and now have a cold (first time I’ve been sick in over a year, guess it was time for a double-whammy) so this is my no-effort post because I don’t really have any effort in me right now.
- My all-time favorite food is Kraft blue-box macaroni and cheese. Forever and always baby. Not ashamed.
- I once had a pet baby prairie chicken named Little Rascal. He was leash trained and very cute.
- The longest I’ve lived in once place is 10 years. Check it out – GPS coordinates: 46.384311,-107.641597 = middle-of-nowhere-Montana
- My most embarrassing moment: having the story of my most embarrassing moment told by my parents to a room full of friends during our going-away-party before we moved to Texas. Maybe there’s a reason I’ve only been back to Montana twice in the last twelve years…
- My first job was pulling wild rye out of the neighboring farm’s wheat fields. I was about 8 years old and got paid $6/hour to yank the stuff out by its roots, stuff it in a gunnysack and haul it to the edge of the field.
- I have college credits from three different universities and a medical school. Does it matter? Nope.
- I once lived in Canada for 2 and ½ months. My landlady was Taiwanese and an excellent cook! She once brought my roommates and me a 5-gallon bucket full of freshly picked blueberries. Yes, I still like blueberries.
- I made a snow-angel on top of the Great Wall of China bordering North Korea. I have a picture to prove it… somewhere.
- When I was a little girl I wanted to be a missionary doctor when I grew up.
10. Yes, I have been skinny-dipping. Yes, that’s all I’m going to say.
11. After we got married Geoff wanted to get a dog and I wanted to get a cat. We compromised and got a baby miniature potbelly pig. We named her Steve. A grown-up Steve is pictured above. Sadly, she is no longer with us, but she was great fun during the 3 years that we had her!
12. I made a 100 average in one college class. Greek. No kidding. Can I read or speak Greek now, 6 years later? Not even a little.
13. I think garbanzo beans are of the devil. As are lima beans. Devil food I tell you.
14. One of my most prized possessions is a lamp. That’s right, a lamp. My dad gave it to me when I was a little girl, and my husband fixed it for me years later. It’s special because my two favorite men made it special.
15. One thing I can’t stand is people with little work ethic and a big sense of entitlement.
16. I’ve never seen Gone With The Wind. Or Moulin Rouge. I’m okay with that.
17. I’m not afraid to admit that I like cats. My first pet was a kitten named Jax. I got him when I was about 3, and he lived until my first semester in college. He was awesome.
18. My favorite beverage is water. Not kidding. Love that stuff.
19. I like the smell of copy machines. And normal things too, like coffee, rain, freshly cut grass, and clean sheets. My favorite smell is Geoff. Yes that’s cheesy, but it’s okay, it’s Valentine’s Day.
20. Last but not least, one of my favorite childhood memories: sledding with dad and big brother, then going inside to warm up with hot cocoa and toasted PB&J sandwiches made by mom. Good times.
Tell me one random thing about yourself in the comments below. Ready, go: